I have checked the patch available here and it do the same as
ORCHESTRA-15, but in a different way.
To make it work it does two things:
1. Wrap ExternalContext.encodeActionURL and ExternalContext.encodeResourceURL to include the required params to make orchestra work.
2. Check if it is used jsf 1.1 or jsf 1.2 to wrap ExternalContext properly.
The problem with this approach is that set jsf 1.2 in orchestra pom.xml, so there is a risk to program with jsf 1.2 specific api and make orchestra incompatible with jsf 1.1
The difference in
ORCHESTRA-15 is that the wrapped methods that are jsf 1.2 specific are called through reflection. This gives flexibility at cost of performance, but in the long term it is preferred. My opinion is it is better to create a jsf 1.2 specific jar like in tomahawk and fix the performance issue there.
In conclusion we can close this issue, because the solution a solution for this one was already applied on
ORCHESTRA-15. Checking this stuff in deep in liferay, I have found other issue that will be committed in ORCHESTRA-15. Also, I have planned document portlet stuff better so I'll commit the remaining stuff in ORCHESTRA-15 soon