This issue is actually a release blocker, because we cannot release things which are not IP cleared.
Basically this leaves us with two options, get the IP clearance done soon, or defer.
I am actually +1 to defer. That would mean to remove the test and data, wait until the IP clearance is done and add it again. The reason I would like to defer is that I fear that doing the clearance takes too long and puts us in a state where we cannot release.
Yeah, I also think that doing all this paper stuff is annoying, and that is sucks to remove this nice test, but that are the rules the ASF agreed on, and which we have to follow as an ASF project.