There are following problems:
1. the default storeCharsAsNumbers = true, does not work well in DB2. Preferable default setting should be false.
2. nextSequenceSQL() generates DB2 UDB specific SQLs which fails on DB2 z/OS platforms.
3. lastGeneratedKeyQuery SQL string is applicable for DB2 UDB only, needs to provide DB2 z/OS specific SQL.
4. bigintTypeName ="BIGINT" does not work for DB2 z/OS Version 8.
5. characterColumnSize = 255 for default CHAR or VARCHAR fails on DB2 UDB platforms. DB2 UDB CHARACTER size limit is 254