At http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=431009 David "Implemented extend-entity for entity definitions to support adding field, relation and index elements to an entity; this is now also used to support further separation of the framework from the applications"
But primary keys were not taken into account
It turned I needed to extend a PK and using the attached simple ModelEntity.java.patch, it definitely works quite well.
I also attach a test.entity-extend.patch for testing with a localhost trunk demo instance
- Apply the test.entity-extend.patch
- Get to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=OrderHeader, you will see the orderId extension has been taken into account in the DB: orderId * String, VARCHAR(60). I also checked creating a Postgres DB, the column is 60 chars wide.
- Get to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ViewGeneric?entityName=OrderHeader&enableEdit=true, you will see that you can't enter a PK longer than 20 chars
- Apply the ModelEntity.java.patch, clean-data load-demo, restart
- Get to https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ViewGeneric?entityName=OrderHeader&enableEdit=true, you can enter a PK longer than 20 chars (up to 60) and create a new entity
Though I already use this change in a custom project, I will wait some time before committing, thanks for your reviews