Hi. The only specific issue I found, was that certain existing .bsh scripts, perhaps 1 in 10, broke with null pointers when I upgraded. In these scripts, it was always possible to fix the problem very easily by putting in null checks.
In other words, I believe that that bsh 2.0 simply defaults variables to null more often.
Since we do not use the OFBiz frontend (except for webtools, which works fine), but use the ZK rich client framework, I have not looked into this more.
What I can say, is that the ZK framework itself, and any user written scripts, depend utterly on beanshell, and we have not found a single interpreter bug ever, using the jar file attached to this JIRA. That is, if we write correct Java in our scripts, they work perfectly. Apart from myself, we have 4 developers and 2 testers coding and/or using ZK scripts on a regular basis, so I reckon if there were any nasties, we would have found them by now.
We have two products currently using ZK and both are in the final stages of pre-production testing/beta testing, and I would be very surprised at this stage if we discover any beanshell-related issues.
Therefore, my only preoccupation with upgrading OFBiz to the attached jar would be that, either as part of the same commit, or very soon afterwards, there would have to be a systematic "sweep" of all OFBiz screens which use .bsh scripts, to tidy up their null handling. That is, lots of little no-brainer fixes.