The suggested resolution assumes these requirements:
1. Party status changed is limited to Enabled and Disabled (see StatusItem statusTypeId value="PARTY_STATUS")
2. Legacy party data with null status_id's must be supported.
Three patches follow:
1. Party Entity Set Status Enabled
a) Allows the drop down in Edit Group Information to display null values.
If nulls are not displayed then the application is displaying incorrect data.
Displaying nulls allows a user to change the status to Enabled.
b) In PartyServices.java > setPartyStatus nulls are set to Enabled AND STORED.
Note this will be triggered on any change to the party, not just changes to status.
2. Party Group Status Change sets all party entries in the demo data to Enabled. This makes the demo data consistent with the StatusItem limitation for party.
Note in PartyManager "Create Party Group" sets status to Enabled by default.
Other concerns resulting from the analysis of, but not addressed in, this issue may be bugs or required improvements. Notes to be attached.
3. A throwaway test for the setPartyStatus service.