I did not intentionally remove it.
Likely it was a sloppy cut an paste of the "Go Back" line from one of the other files.
That said the authview is used inconsistently in eCommerce and only in the ftl files in the Customer folder.
It calls the authview request in the controller which sets https before calling main view.
The donePage call is set to viewprofile, which sets https, from all of the edit forms off viewprofile.
So authview does not appear to be adding any value. The code would be clearer without it.
I could be missing something in the logic.
It is not completely clear to me where donePage is picking up is value.
I see it set in Customer Screens > editperson, ChangePassword.groovy and some of the form tags but nothing consistent.
Some things that were intentional:
1. For consistency I changed the behavior of editperson form. It returned to viewprofile on save click while all other edit forms required clicking on the done button.
2. Placed a paragraph after the buttons on the top line to separate them from the horizontal table lines. The connection to the top horizontal line made the form look like a tab form which is misleading.
3. For consistency modified the newcustomer form buttons, though it is outside of the Profile feature, since they serve the same function.