OFBiz
  1. OFBiz
  2. OFBIZ-4661

Autocomplete / Suggest does not work with umlauts

    Details

      Description

      Steps to Reproduce:

      • Change the internal_name of a product to "Kochlöffel" (that's German for cooking spoon. Just in case you ever need one while in a German-speaking country and don't have a dictionary handy).
      • Go to the catalog and use the product search box to the left to search for "Koch", you should see the product as a suggestion
      • Clear the input field and search for "löffel" instead -> the product is not found.

      The reason for this is that the special characters have to be url encoded for the GET request, but are never decoded. Easiest way to fix this is just to use a POST request instead.

      1. ofbiz-4661.patch
        0.5 kB
        Christoph Neuroth

        Activity

        Hide
        Christoph Neuroth added a comment -

        Sorry about the patch format. We use hg-svn to clone the ofbiz trunk into our mercurial repo. I usually create patches from a clean svn checkout, but this time I forgot.

        Show
        Christoph Neuroth added a comment - Sorry about the patch format. We use hg-svn to clone the ofbiz trunk into our mercurial repo. I usually create patches from a clean svn checkout, but this time I forgot.
        Hide
        Jacques Le Roux added a comment -

        Thanks Christoph,

        Post uses ISO-8859-1 as default encoding. But as we set a charset=UTF-8 in our header all characters should be handled correly (i18n concern)

        Your (modified format) patch is in
        trunk r1232053
        R11.04 r1232055

        The reason I had to modify the patch is:

        can't find file to patch at input line 4
        Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
        The text leading up to this was:
        --------------------------

        diff -r 4ad21eb7c9ae -r d04a701f13c6 framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js
        — a/framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js Mon Jan 16 15:27:47 2012 +0100
        +++ b/framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js Mon Jan 16 16:17:46 2012 +0100
        --------------------------

        Then after removing the a/ /b, I got this
        patching file framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js
        Hunk #1 succeeded at 411 (offset 4 lines).

        Not sure what the problem with the format was (and not much time to think about it ;o)

        Show
        Jacques Le Roux added a comment - Thanks Christoph, Post uses ISO-8859-1 as default encoding. But as we set a charset=UTF-8 in our header all characters should be handled correly (i18n concern) Your (modified format) patch is in trunk r1232053 R11.04 r1232055 The reason I had to modify the patch is: can't find file to patch at input line 4 Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option? The text leading up to this was: -------------------------- diff -r 4ad21eb7c9ae -r d04a701f13c6 framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js — a/framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js Mon Jan 16 15:27:47 2012 +0100 +++ b/framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js Mon Jan 16 16:17:46 2012 +0100 -------------------------- Then after removing the a/ /b, I got this patching file framework/images/webapp/images/selectall.js Hunk #1 succeeded at 411 (offset 4 lines). Not sure what the problem with the format was (and not much time to think about it ;o)

          People

          • Assignee:
            Jacques Le Roux
            Reporter:
            Christoph Neuroth
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development