OFBiz
  1. OFBiz
  2. OFBIZ-4535

Search using Russian word (maybe others) causes distortion and failed product search

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Not a Problem
    • Affects Version/s: SVN trunk, Release Branch 12.04
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Ubuntu and others.

      Description

      NOTE: The following post contains UTF8 characters.

      After rebuilding keywords in a UTF8 database (postgres) and searching a UTF8 browser (chrome), the Russian phrase is correctly present in the database, as follows:

      ofbiz=# select * from product_keyword where keyword = 'игроков';
      product_id | keyword | relevancy_weight (trimmed)
      ---------------------------------------
      DVDMV-ADVANGYM | игроков | 1

      However, when pasting 'игроков' into ecommerce Search, the following is returned "Not Found"

      Keywords: "Ð¸Ð³Ñ Ð¾ÐºÐ¾Ð²", where any word matches, which distorts the search.

      This may affect other languages, which I haven't tested.

      I also tried the same search in 12.04 (demo) and trunk and it produces the same issue. This means that multi-language product search is broken in OFBiz. 11.04 is unaffected.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Jacques Le Roux made changes -
          Status Open [ 1 ] Closed [ 6 ]
          Assignee Jacques Le Roux [ jacques.le.roux ]
          Resolution Not A Problem [ 8 ]
          Jacques Le Roux made changes -
          Link This issue is related to OFBIZ-5312 [ OFBIZ-5312 ]
          Jacques Le Roux made changes -
          Link This issue depends upon OFBIZ-5312 [ OFBIZ-5312 ]
          Jacques Le Roux made changes -
          Link This issue is related to OFBIZ-2837 [ OFBIZ-2837 ]
          Jacques Le Roux made changes -
          Link This issue is related to OFBIZ-5312 [ OFBIZ-5312 ]
          Saroj Khamlue made changes -
          Comment [ I tried take these out of :

          <filter-name>CatalogUrlFilter</filter-name>
              <display-name>CatalogUrlFilter</display-name>
              <filter-class>org.ofbiz.product.category.CatalogUrlFilter</filter-class>
              <init-param><param-name>defaultLocaleString</param-name><param-value>en_US</param-value></init-param>
              <init-param><param-name>redirectUrl</param-name><param-value>/control/main</param-value></init-param>
          </filter>

          ...

          <filter-mapping>
              <filter-name>CatalogUrlFilter</filter-name>
              <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
          </filter-mapping>

          The search with multi-languages works fine.

          Please help me to confirm we can take these out and will not affect.
          ]
          mz4wheeler made changes -
          Description NOTE: The following post contains UTF8 characters.

          After rebuilding keywords in a UTF8 database (postgres) and searching a UTF8 browser (chrome), the Russian phrase is correctly present in the database, as follows:


          ofbiz=# select * from product_keyword where keyword = 'игроков';
             product_id | keyword | relevancy_weight (trimmed)
          -----------------+---------+-----------------
           DVDMV-ADVANGYM | игроков | 1

          However, when pasting 'игроков' into ecommerce Search, the following is returned "Not Found"

          Keywords: "Ð¸Ð³Ñ Ð¾ÐºÐ¾Ð²", where any word matches, which distorts the search.

          This may affect other languages, which I haven't tested.

          I also tried the same search in 9.04 (demo) and trunk and it produces the same issue. This means that multi-language product search is broken in OFBiz.


          NOTE: The following post contains UTF8 characters.

          After rebuilding keywords in a UTF8 database (postgres) and searching a UTF8 browser (chrome), the Russian phrase is correctly present in the database, as follows:


          ofbiz=# select * from product_keyword where keyword = 'игроков';
             product_id | keyword | relevancy_weight (trimmed)
          -----------------+---------+-----------------
           DVDMV-ADVANGYM | игроков | 1

          However, when pasting 'игроков' into ecommerce Search, the following is returned "Not Found"

          Keywords: "Ð¸Ð³Ñ Ð¾ÐºÐ¾Ð²", where any word matches, which distorts the search.

          This may affect other languages, which I haven't tested.

          I also tried the same search in 12.04 (demo) and trunk and it produces the same issue. This means that multi-language product search is broken in OFBiz. 11.04 is unaffected.


          mz4wheeler made changes -
          Attachment r1127449-r1127394.diff [ 12583241 ]
          mz4wheeler made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Affects Version/s Release Branch 12.04 [ 12321265 ]
          Affects Version/s Release 09.04.01 [ 12316422 ]
          mz4wheeler created issue -

            People

            • Assignee:
              Jacques Le Roux
              Reporter:
              mz4wheeler
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              6 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development