Thanks guys for your reviews and comments. I did some more changes according to your comments and committed it to trunk in #894149
Jeroen, you can show/hide the returned values(keys) from widget.properties Also each entry is in separate line and there is no text wrapping any more.
Jacques, it works for me using FF3.5.5 on vista. No idea what prevented it in your case.
Scott, I used setMaxRows and added possibility to hide/show the key in the list. As for the error message and using json, this will require changes in scriptaculous library.
I will keep the issue open for later improvements. Here are few more things to improve:
- add possibility to pass target-parameter from the lookup.
- add possibility to add extra conditions to search query (for example to filter disabled parties)