Felix Inventory Support  provides a way for various components to provide a dump of setup state in text or json format. Oak should provide inventory printers which collect state across various sub systems so that we can understand an Oak based setup in a better way.
For now we expose quite bit of information via JMX which helps if we have access to the setup. With inventory support we can request the system admin to provide a zip file which would contain dump from various inventory printers.
Some possible printers
- Index Stats - Printer to dump stats related to various indexes. Build on top of
- Index Definitions - Dump of index definition in json format
- Checkpoints - Dump state of all checkpoints live in the setup
- Mongo - Dump indexes in Mongo, version, replica set info
- ClusterNodeInfo - Dump state of all cluster nodes in the setup
To use this we would need to add an optional dependency on Felix Inventory Bundle. However we can inline the package and reimport that such that Oak can be used in setups where this bundle is not present and if its present it gets integrated in Felix WebConsole