Both Hive and NiFi create new hive_table entities in Atlas if table name contains uppercase character(s) in NiFi and lineage is reported into the entity that NiFi created. Hive is case insensitive, so it would be nice if Hive table names are treated like that within NiFi as well.
- Create a table in Hive (I did it in Hive CLI) - it doesn't matter if it's uppercase or lowercase, Hive's output will show it lowercase anyway
- A new entity in Atlas should be created and the Audits tab on Atlas UI should show that it is created by Hive
- Insert something into the Hive table
- I created the following flow in NiFi: SelectHiveQL -> LogAttribute - configure SelectHiveQL in a way that the Hive table it uses contains uppercase character(s)
- Start the flow
- A new hive_table entity in Atlas should be created (the table's name is what is in SelectHiveQL) and the Audits tab should show that it was created by NiFi
There is no issue if the table name used in NiFi only contains lowercase characters.
I could reproduce it using Hive 3 processors as well.