When you upgrade NiFi, existing processors may have new properties and relationships. If any of those processors are part of a versioned flow then these changes will trigger a local modification indicating that a new version needs to be saved to registry to track the new properties or relationships.
The issue is when you have multiple environments...
- Start in dev with NiFi version X
- Upgrade dev to NiFi version Y
- Now commit versioned PGs in dev that had local changes
- Go to staging and upgrade NiFi to version Y
- The versioned PGs are now in conflict because there is an upgrade available, but there are local changes detected from upgrading NiFI, even though these are the same changes available in the upgrade