Ryan Hendrickson noticed that installing and running NiFi as a service in 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT is not working right. Running commands like the following:
Results in errors loading nifi-env.sh
As I understand it, nifi.sh install used to:
1. copy bin/nifi.sh to /etc/init.d/nifi
2. Run sed to change NIFI_HOME initializations to the path to nifi.sh, where install was invoked
3. When service nifi start was run, the NIFI_HOME path was hard-coded in the service script file.
1. nifi.sh now gets NIFI_HOME from bin/nifi-env.sh, which is stored alongside nifi.sh.
2. install() still calls sed to update NIFI_HOME=, but the initialization is now in nifi-env.sh, so nothing is replaced.
3. When service nifi start is called, relative path to SCRIPT_DIR/nifi-env.sh resolves to /etc/init.d/nifi-env.sh, which does not exist.
A possible solution might be to have sed update SCRIPT_DIR to be hard-coded, and change to that directory to run nifi-env.sh.