Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Operating System: All
      Platform: PC

      Description

      When calling the connect method on org.apache.commons.net.bsd.RLoginClient,
      timeout can take 10 minutes +.

      I have found that this is down to the RCommandClient connect method.

      The exception to catch should be a BindException. The logic here is that so
      long as we have got a valid local port and address (no BindException) then we
      shouldn't bother trying all of the other local ports. If this is adopted, then
      a connect exception is thrown from the connect method indicating that the remote
      server is not present or responding.

      Please see snippet from the corrected connect method below.

      for (localPort = MAX_CLIENT_PORT; localPort >= MIN_CLIENT_PORT; --localPort)
      {
      try

      { _socket_ = _socketFactory_.createSocket(host, port, localAddr, localPort); }

      // catch (SocketException e)
      catch (BindException e)

      { continue; }

      break;
      }

        Activity

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Matt Parker
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development