MyFaces Core
  1. MyFaces Core
  2. MYFACES-3131

jsf.js:tables not rendering after ajax call in internet explorer 6

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.5
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.6
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Tomcat 6 / Myfaces 2.0.5 and Richfaces 4.0.0.Final
      Internet Explorer 6 as client

      Description

      objects that start with <table> disappear when they are selected for render during an ajax call.
      I debugged the problem and found it occurs in the _outerHTMLNonCompliant function. When tagName is "table", _buildTableNodes is called (it really shouldn't be called in this case).
      In _buildTableNodes, dummyPlaceHolder.innerHTML is set to "<table><table>STUFF</table></table>".
      ie6 changes this to "<table><tbody></tbody><table>STUFF</table></table>" so evalNodes is set to the empty tbody and thus the table sent back from the server is lost.

        Activity

        Hide
        Werner Punz added a comment -

        Ok I will take care of this bug in the next days, in the meanwhile as a short workaround wrap the table into a panelGroup or another element and put this element on render, this should bypass the issue.
        This is a nasty bug, thanks for reporting it, I will take care that the bug wont be in the next myfaces release.

        Show
        Werner Punz added a comment - Ok I will take care of this bug in the next days, in the meanwhile as a short workaround wrap the table into a panelGroup or another element and put this element on render, this should bypass the issue. This is a nasty bug, thanks for reporting it, I will take care that the bug wont be in the next myfaces release.
        Hide
        Werner Punz added a comment -

        the issue is fixed, i also ran extensive testing for subtable replacements to make sure that the subtable replacement code now is waterproof

        Show
        Werner Punz added a comment - the issue is fixed, i also ran extensive testing for subtable replacements to make sure that the subtable replacement code now is waterproof
        Hide
        James G added a comment -

        Thanks for fixing this!!

        Show
        James G added a comment - Thanks for fixing this!!

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            James G
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development