Wow now this is a nice patch, I never intented the outerHTML to be used this way and yes there are problems with IE. All I can say is wow... go ahead and commit it otherwise I will do
Really nice stuff, thanks for doing it, I guess we now have a kickass outerHTML function.
Ok, thanks Werner for check this one.
No problem thanks for merging it in, I am currently bound by customer projects so I would not have had time before next week to do it. I will give it a final testing next week to make sure the code is waterproof but from a first look it looked very good to me.
Ok sorry for the delay, but I was bound by customer projects, I reevaluated the code, there were bugs in the ie part of things, I cleaned up the code it should work now, I will commit my working codebase, but the table part needs further testing on my side.
ok I gave the fixup code now a testrun, leos code with my fixes now work perfectly.
The Sieve test does not show any problems. Seems like the fix works.
Also table element replacement now seems to work like a charm.
Thanks Leo for providing the fix.