I ran into this while porting a windows maven build to linux. Thanks to all your guy's work is was very error free.
However I did run into one problem where I was getting class not found exceptions for ejb.
After digging in deep I found our MANIFEST.MF file looked something like this:
As opposed to windows where it looked like:
When the jars are wrapped up in linux they use the someintuitlib-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT-client.jar for the file name. Thus the classpath fails and a class not found exception results.
This seems to be specific to linux and ejb relying on SNAPSHOTs built on another machine and uploaded to a shared repository. There are other SNAPSHOTs in the dependency list and their names are used correctly. Those SNAPSHOTs are built locally as part of the build. Thus I think it is specific to SNAPSHOTs built remotely and uploaded to a shared SNAPSHOT repository.
I have supplied a sample pom.xml that may generate the bug but I can not test it out as I do not have a remote repository that I can push SNAPSHOTs to.