Uploaded image for project: 'Archiva'
  1. Archiva
  2. MRM-951

"Unable to find project model" although everything seems to be perfectly fine

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: 1.1.2
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: browser
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Linux, Standalone-Version, Maven2-Repository

      Description

      We had a problem with our m2-repository (which Archiva uses as its "internal"-repository) in such a way that we could not install artifacts from one of our projects into the repository. We would get the error "Error installing artifact's metadata: Error installing metadata: Error updating group repository metadata input contained no data" - obviously something messed up with the maven-metadata.xml or maven-metadata-local.xml. So I deleted this directory from the repository and built the project again - unfortunately (now as before) whenever I try to view the version-properties via "browse", I get the following error:

      "Unable to find project model for [our.project.version]."

      Looking into the log-file I find:

      2008-09-16 13:48:34,703 [btpool0-4] ERROR org.apache.maven.archiva.consumers.database.ProjectModelToDatabaseConsumer - Unable to process model /root/.m2/repository/our.company.project/version/artifact-version.pom due to : javax.jdo.JDOUserException : Field org.apache.maven.archiva.model.Exclusion.artifactId
      is null, but is mandatory as its described in the jdo metadata
      javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Field org.apache.maven.archiva.model.Exclusion.artifactId is null, but is mandatory as its described in the jdo metadata
      at org.jpox.store.rdbms.fieldmanager.ParameterSetter.storeStringField(ParameterSetter.java:120)
      at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.providedStringField(StateManagerImpl.java:2757)
      at org.apache.maven.archiva.model.Exclusion.jdoProvideField(Exclusion.java)
      at org.apache.maven.archiva.model.Exclusion.jdoProvideFields(Exclusion.java)
      at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.provideFields(StateManagerImpl.java:3115)
      at org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.InsertRequest.execute(InsertRequest.java:252)

      So I checked the pom which does not have an artifactId according to Archiva. There I find:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">

      <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

      <parent>
      ...
      </parent>

      <artifactId>ARTIFACT</artifactId>
      <packaging>war</packaging>
      <name>Name</name>

      <build>
      ...
      </build>
      ...
      </project>

      I.e.: there is an artifactId in the pom.

        Attachments

        1. MRM-951.patch
          10 kB
          Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                brettporter Brett Porter
                Reporter:
                dbilge David Bilge
              • Votes:
                4 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                4 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: