Affects Version/s: 1.0
Fix Version/s: 1.0.2
Environment:OS: Windows XP
Software: Java 5 Update 12 and Maven 2.0.4
I noticed Archiva database was not being updated with project model information in the following scenario:
1) Project B (1.0-SNAPSHOT) depends on Project A (1.0)
2) Project B is deployed to Archiva repository
3) Project B changes Project A dependency version from 1.0 to 1.1-SNAPSHOT
4) Project B is deployed to Archiva repository again.
5) The user executes 'Scan Repository Now' and 'Update Database Now' using Archiva.
At this point, if you browse project B, you'll notice it still keeps the reference to the former version of Project A, 1.0, and not 1.1-SNAPSHOT. However, if you download the POM file, you will see it has the lastet dependency version as expected.
NOTE: In project B POM file the snapshotRepository is configured with uniqueVersion equals to false.