It seems that Archiva is not properly updating the database if the initial import of the POM failed due to a parse error, even after the original problem has been corrected, the repository has been rescanned, and the database updated again.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start with a fresh Archiva 1.0 installation
2. Drop a group containing an artifact with a broken POM (illegal XML) to Archiva's internal repo directory
3. Run "Scan Repository Now" and "Update Database Now".
The log shows a ProjectModelException because the broken POM could not be parsed.
4. Fix the broken POM. Run "Scan Repository Now" and "Update Database Now" again.
5. Use the "Browse" page to browse to the artifact -> you get the error message:
Unable to find project model for [junit:junit:3.7].
I've attached the zipped contents of the "data" directory after performing the steps above, and the log file.
Notice that there might be general repository scanning problem in 1.0 that could be related, see