- Create managed repository 'releases'
- Create a new user account with the following credentials
- username: newuser
- password: pass1
- Assign Repository Manager role for 'releases' repository to newuser
- Deploy a test artifact to 'releases' repository. Make sure that the credentials are configured in settings.xml
- Create a new repository group named 'internal.group'
- Add the 'releases' repository and the pre-configured 'internal' repository to 'internal.group'
- Add the following configuration to your settings.xml:
- Build a project with a dependency on the test artifact you deploy in step 4. The build would fail with unable to resolve artifact ... error.
- Edit guest account and assign Repository Observer role for repository 'releases'
- Build the project again. You would get a successful build.