Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: waiting-for-feedback
Hi Maven Team,
for testing purpose I have a simple setup:
- three modules in parallel
- one for the "build" with a relative path to the "parent"
- one for the "parent" with the modules section having "../math" as one module
(for now without any profile)
- one for the "math" with a relative path to the "parent"
- I'm running in the root Maven 3.6.1 with mvn -f build clean
- I would like to see "math" in the reactor build order and summary (which is not the case)
Of course using "<modules> ... </modules>" just in the build/pom.xml works fine.
My intention was to split up modules definitions of a real project into different profiles in the parent pom being surprised that no module were suddently recognized when trying to build.
That link does describes my intention so I assumed it just work fine: https://www.smartics.eu/confluence/display/BLOG/2013/07/22/Using+Aggregate+and+Parent+POMs
I can say that it also doesn't work with 3.3.9.
Maybe I missed a certain instruction being required ... then I'm sorry and asking you ... please let me know.