Maven
  1. Maven
  2. MNG-2805

Provide mechanism for suppressing inherited/injected/mapped mojo binding

    Details

    • Type: New Feature New Feature
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Incomplete
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.4
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: POM
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      In some cases, a mojo should be suppressed from the build process. If this mojo binding comes from a parent POM or a lifecycle mapping, it's not possible to simply comment out that mojo binding. Currently this sort of functionality is left to the individual plugins to implement as parameters that cause each mojo to bow out. This use case is common enough in large development environments (for addressing the 80% with no customization, but allowing the remaining 20% the control to use the same parent POM with subtractions) to warrant a built-in suppression/disabling functionality.

      Suppression should be available by plugin or by plugin-execution. To suppress bindings from the packaging-mapping, the default executionId 'default' can be used.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          John Casey created issue -
          John Casey made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Fix Version/s 2.1-alpha-1 [ 13143 ]
          Jason van Zyl made changes -
          Fix Version/s 2.1-alpha-1 [ 13143 ]
          Fix Version/s 2.1-alpha-2 [ 13144 ]
          Brett Porter made changes -
          Link This issue is duplicated by MNG-3635 [ MNG-3635 ]
          Jason van Zyl made changes -
          Fix Version/s 3.0 [ 13142 ]
          Fix Version/s 3.x [ 13145 ]
          Jason van Zyl made changes -
          Status Open [ 1 ] Closed [ 6 ]
          Resolution Incomplete [ 4 ]
          Paul Benedict made changes -
          Fix Version/s Issues to be reviewed for 3.x [ 13145 ]
          Mark Thomas made changes -
          Project Import Sun Apr 05 08:49:45 UTC 2015 [ 1428223785911 ]
          Mark Thomas made changes -
          Workflow jira [ 12713344 ] Default workflow, editable Closed status [ 12753132 ]
          Mark Thomas made changes -
          Project Import Sun Apr 05 21:45:26 UTC 2015 [ 1428270326204 ]
          Mark Thomas made changes -
          Workflow jira [ 12950234 ] Default workflow, editable Closed status [ 12986443 ]

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              John Casey
            • Votes:
              8 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              7 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development