Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 0.16.0
We currently have support/release.sh which is actually for building a release candidate and calling a vote. We should improve this script to add some of the missing steps:
1. Include a prompt for having your gpg key inside dist/release/mesos/KEYS
2. Validate that configure.ac contains the intended version.
After building the release candidate:
2. make maven-install
3. mvn deploy -f src/java/mesos.pom
4. Prompt to close the staging maven repository and request the user to provide the link (for generating a sample [VOTE] email body).
5. svn commit the release to dist/dev/mesos instead of scp'ing it into people.apache.org.
5. Provide a sample [VOTE] email.
It would be nice to also have tooling for the post-vote process:
1. svn mv the candidate from dist/dev/mesos/ to dist/release/mesos
2. Prompt to release the closed staging repository on maven.
3. Prompt to close the JIRA for the release.
4. Prompt to update the website for the release.
5. Provide a sample [VOTE][RESULT] email body.