Placeholder for tasks that could be undertaken in this year's GSoC.
Ideas (extracted from the "dev" ML):
- Redesign and modularize the "ml" package
-> main goal: enable multi-thread usage.
- Abstract the linear algebra utilities
-> main goal: allow switching to alternative implementations.
- Redesign and modularize the "random" package
-> main goal: general support of low-discrepancy sequences.
- Refactor and modularize the "special" package
-> main goals: ensure accuracy and performance and better API,
add other functions.
- Upgrade the test suite to Junit 5
-> additional goal: collect a list of "odd" expectations.
- Review and finalize pending issues about the refactoring of the "genetic algorithm" functionality (cf. dedicated branch)
Other suggestions welcome, as well as
- delineating additional and/or intermediate goals,
- signalling potential pitfalls and/or alternative approaches to the intended goal(s).