Affects Version/s: 0.2
Fix Version/s: 0.3
The attached does a few things:
1) sorts out the maven parents: now the modules parent to 'maven', and 'maven' parents to the top-level project.
2) The release management in the top-level POM is in a profile.
3) the version of 'maven' is consistent with other version numbers.
4) the source control URLs are corrected.
5) a new buildtools module to hold pmd and checkstyle config.
6) dependencyManagement in the parent, initially just for lucene.
7) backup to current lucene release. -Dlucene.version is there for those who really want to use 2.9-SNAPSHOT.
8) a profile, sourcecheck, that turns on checkstyle and pmd. This creates a giant pile of complaints.
The next step in this process would be to come up with a set of checkstyle and pmd rules consistent with the community's desires.