I took a run at re-organizing the project a bit to make it a bit more user-friendly. You can now:
1) open the project in the visual studio version of your choice – 2005, 2008 and 2010.
2) update and commit in said version
3) debug the tests from within visual studio
4) build project easily from the command line, at least in windows/.NET 2.0. Should work for mono as well, but I have no idea how to path that right.
Results are attached.
What I did [layout/.sln-wise]:
a) pulled the .sln files from the "main" bits being the vestigal demos, the tests and the main Lucene.Net project.
b) created a new master .sln file to encompass all the core projects.
c) created 3 versions of master .sln file for each version of visual studio listed.
d) tested said slns in appropriate versions before and after upgrades – you can still build from 2005 after doing things in 2010.
e) added nunit binaries to the project in the /lib/nunit-2.4.8 folder
f) removed the magic SHARP-ZIP-LIB compiler switch so that we could move on without csharpziplib.
Also, for the build cause:
i) created new build.proj file to provide a visual studio independent way to build this thing.
ii) added a batch file which will call said build script to build, all output goes to .\Artifiacts.