edit: improved formatting
Thanks for the review Alexandre Rafalovitch.
I am comparing solr.doap and the CHANGES.txt file in the distribution. A couple of points:
- It calls release 1.2 in CHANGES as 1.2.0 in doap
- doap uses 3.1, CHANGES uses 3.1.0 (for all 3.x), same with 4.x vs. 4.x.0
I consider X.Y and X.Y.0 to be interchangeable aliases. These forms should be (and currently are) understood as equivalent for the purposes of linking information in the DOAP and CHANGES files. I don't think there's a problem here.
- CHANGES does not have 1.4.1, doap does
- CHANGES does not have 4.9.1
The entries for these releases apparently were never pulled from the release branch into the unstable & stable branches' CHANGES. I'll fix.
- Neither seem to have 3.0, did it not happen?
There never was a Solr 3.0 release.
- doap for solr seems to include 4 lucene entries (3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.0-ALPHA, 4.0-BETA). These probably should be SOLR entries instead, as those are missing. But I don't know if dates match
Solr and Lucene releases from v3.1 have been synchronized in both number and date. This is a copy/paste-o of mine - I saw they were missing and pulled them from Lucene's DOAP files without changing the <name>. I'll fix.
Also, there is a README file in the dev-tools directory which lists what subdirectories contain. It was not updated to mention doap (or git from previous addition I guess).
I didn't see that file. I'll fix.
For lucene.doap vs lucene's CHANGES.txt
- doap has lucene-1.2.final, CHANGES has lucene 1.2 RC6 (both have RC5, though with different naming conventions)
This is an intentional deviation. The CHANGES entry for 1.2 RC6 should have been changed to be 1.2 final after RC6 was blessed as the final 1.2 version, but it never was.
- doap has lucene-2.x, CHANGES has lucene 2.x.0 (same for later versions)
See my comments above about the same phenomenon in Solr's files. (To repeat, I don't think this is a problem.)
- In CHANGES, 2.9.x and 3.0.(x-1) are collocated. Not sure if that will be an issue
If you find any problems related to this, let me know.