Uploaded image for project: 'Lucene - Core'
  1. Lucene - Core
  2. LUCENE-5862

Old segments not deleted on merge

    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Reopened
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 4.9
    • Fix Version/s: 4.10, 6.0
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
    • Lucene Fields:
      New

      Description

      After a full rebuild with the dataimport handler on a Solr install upgraded to Solr 4.9.0, I ended up with an index that was considerably larger than the one it replaced (built by 4.7.2), 28GB instead of 20GB. I also upgraded a third-party component at the same time, to a version which has been tested with Solr 4.9.0. The config didn't change at all. Optimizing the index did not shrink it.

      At first I thought there must have been something different about the way the new version worked, or possibly a change/bug in the third-party component.

      After looking deeper, I discovered that the optimization process had created one segment that was 20GB in size, but there were also a number of other segments on the disk, all of which were several hours older than the large segment. Another optimize created a new segment of 20GB, and the previous segment of 20GB was deleted, but the older segments remained.

        Attachments

        1. LUCENE-5862-infostreams.zip
          9.19 MB
          Shawn Heisey

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              elyograg Shawn Heisey
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              5 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated: