Lucene - Core
  1. Lucene - Core
  2. LUCENE-4038

some testcases not executed by 'ant test'

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 4.0-ALPHA
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Lucene Fields:
      New

      Description

      Look under 'spatial', RecursivePrefixTreeStrategyTestCase and TwoDoublesStrategyTestCase
      don't get invoked.

      I suspect this is something in junit4 that doesnt like the fact that these classes extend
      a base class that takes a generic type?

      Because if i just click 'run tests' from this folder in my IDE, then they run.

        Activity

        Hide
        Robert Muir added a comment -

        oh duh... its much simpler, its the naming (*TestCase).

        Show
        Robert Muir added a comment - oh duh... its much simpler, its the naming (*TestCase).
        Hide
        Dawid Weiss added a comment -

        Yep, the naming convention is one level up from the runner (it's at the ant's level). Theoretically it could be possible to determine if a class is a test class or not (it's what eclipse does when you "run" a package for example) but it'd add an unnecessary overhead to the runner. I don't think it makes much sense.

        Show
        Dawid Weiss added a comment - Yep, the naming convention is one level up from the runner (it's at the ant's level). Theoretically it could be possible to determine if a class is a test class or not (it's what eclipse does when you "run" a package for example) but it'd add an unnecessary overhead to the runner. I don't think it makes much sense.
        Hide
        David Smiley added a comment -

        I'm a little confused. I looked at the svn commit and I see the *TestCase was removed from the class names... and this fixed the problem presumably. Weird; I would have thought the issue would be the reverse.

        Show
        David Smiley added a comment - I'm a little confused. I looked at the svn commit and I see the *TestCase was removed from the class names... and this fixed the problem presumably. Weird; I would have thought the issue would be the reverse.
        Hide
        Robert Muir added a comment -

        take another look, i put Test* in front of these.

        Test classes must be Test* or *Test to execute.

        Show
        Robert Muir added a comment - take another look, i put Test* in front of these. Test classes must be Test* or *Test to execute.
        Hide
        David Smiley added a comment -

        Ah, thanks Rob.

        Show
        David Smiley added a comment - Ah, thanks Rob.
        Hide
        Dawid Weiss added a comment -

        That's the way it's always been – I didn't change it when switching to junit4 (I think).

        Show
        Dawid Weiss added a comment - That's the way it's always been – I didn't change it when switching to junit4 (I think).

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Robert Muir
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development