Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 4.0-ALPHA
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Lucene Fields:
      New

      Description


      On Solr trunk, all CharFilters have been non-functional since LUCENE-3396 was committed in r1175297 on 25 Sept 2011, until Yonik's fix today in r1235810; Solr 3.x was not affected - CharFilters have been working there all along.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Robert Muir added a comment -

          According to the mailing thread, this has nothing to do with htmlstripcharfilter.

          Show
          Robert Muir added a comment - According to the mailing thread, this has nothing to do with htmlstripcharfilter.
          Hide
          Mike Hugo added a comment -

          Robert, does the attached test case work for you? If not, do you know how I can get it running the way it used to?

          Show
          Mike Hugo added a comment - Robert, does the attached test case work for you? If not, do you know how I can get it running the way it used to?
          Hide
          Mike Hugo added a comment -

          Also - I'm happy to change the title if this isn't related to HTMLStripCharFilterFactory, I'm just seeing that the behavior we saw in Solr3.x is different (with the same configuration) in Solr4 - just trying to track down how we get it to work the way it used to! Thanks for the help!

          Show
          Mike Hugo added a comment - Also - I'm happy to change the title if this isn't related to HTMLStripCharFilterFactory, I'm just seeing that the behavior we saw in Solr3.x is different (with the same configuration) in Solr4 - just trying to track down how we get it to work the way it used to! Thanks for the help!
          Hide
          Yonik Seeley added a comment -

          OK, so it looks like all CharFilters were broken in Solr by LUCENE-3396 (since last Sept!).
          I just checked in a fix and added a test.
          Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mike!

          Show
          Yonik Seeley added a comment - OK, so it looks like all CharFilters were broken in Solr by LUCENE-3396 (since last Sept!). I just checked in a fix and added a test. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mike!
          Hide
          Steve Rowe added a comment -

          I just checked in a fix and added a test.

          Mike's test succeeds for me with the fix.

          Thanks Yonik.

          Show
          Steve Rowe added a comment - I just checked in a fix and added a test. Mike's test succeeds for me with the fix. Thanks Yonik.
          Hide
          Steve Rowe added a comment -

          I committed BasicFunctionalityTest.testHTMLStrip() to branch_3x - it succeeds for me with no changes required.

          Show
          Steve Rowe added a comment - I committed BasicFunctionalityTest.testHTMLStrip() to branch_3x - it succeeds for me with no changes required.
          Hide
          Hoss Man added a comment -

          updated summary and description

          Show
          Hoss Man added a comment - updated summary and description

            People

            • Assignee:
              Yonik Seeley
              Reporter:
              Mike Hugo
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development