Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 4.0-ALPHA
With the Queries module now filled with the FunctionQuery stuff, we should look at closing down contrib/queries. While not a huge contrib, it contains a number of pretty useful classes and some that should go elsewhere.
Heres my proposed plan:
- similar.* -> suggest module
- regex.* -> queries module
- BooleanFilter -> queries module under .filters package
- BoostingQuery -> queries module
- ChainedFilter -> queries module under .filters package
- DuplicateFilter -> queries module under .filters package
- FieldCacheRewriteMethod -> This doesn't belong in this contrib or the queries module. I think we should push it to contrib/misc for the time being. It seems to have quite a few constraints on when its useful. If indeed CONSTANT_SCORE_AUTO rewrite is better, then I dont see a purpose for it.
- FilterClause -> class inside BooleanFilter
- FuzzyLikeThisQuery -> suggest module. This class seems a mess with its Similarity hardcoded. With all that said, it does seem to do what it claims and with some cleanup, it could be good.
- TermsFilter -> queries module under .filters package
- SlowCollated* -> They can stay in the module till we have a better place to nuke them.
One of the implications of the above moves, is that the xml-query-parser, which supports many of the queries, will need to have a dependency on the queries module. But that seems unavoidable at this stage.
|Cleanup 'good' queries code||Closed|