I set fix version: 4.0, but possibly we could do this for 3.x too
Currently, we have a special SpanRegexQuery in contrib, and issues like
LUCENE-522 open for SpanFuzzyQuery.
The SpanRegexQuery in contrib is a little messy additionally.
For any arbitrary MultiTermQueries to work as a SpanQuery, there are only 3 requirements:
- The un-rewritten query must extend SpanQuery so it can be included in Span clauses
- The rewritten query should be SpanOrQuery instead of BooleanQuery
- The rewritten term clauses should be SpanTermQueries.
Instead of having logic like this for each query, i suggest adding two rewrite methods:
- ScoringSpanBoolean rewrite
- TopTermsSpanBoolean rewrite
as a start i wrote these up, and added a SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper that can be used to wrap any multitermquery this way.
there are a few kinks, but I think the MTQ policeman can probably help get through them.
|Fix Version/s||3.1 [ 12314822 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Workflow||jira [ 12526588 ]||Default workflow, editable Closed status [ 12564377 ]|
|Workflow||Default workflow, editable Closed status [ 12564377 ]||jira [ 12584889 ]|
|Status||Resolved [ 5 ]||Closed [ 6 ]|