Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: core/search
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Operating System: other
      Platform: Other

      Description

      (lucene 1.3-rc2)

      BooleanQuery.rewrite contains an optimization for single terms that seems to be
      missing a call to query.rewrite. The problem manifested for me when I had a
      single BooleanClause that contained a PrefixQuery. The fix seems to be a single
      line:

      P:\vipscan\src\org\apache\lucene\search>diff BooleanQuery.java D:\java\lucene-1.
      3-rc2\src\java\org\apache\lucene\search\BooleanQuery.java
      228c228
      < Query query = c.query.rewrite(reader);

      > Query query = c.query;

      Here's the JUnit test case that probably should pass:

      package org.apache.lucene.search;

      import junit.framework.TestCase;
      import junit.framework.Test;
      import junit.framework.TestSuite;
      import junit.textui.TestRunner;
      import org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory;
      import org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter;
      import org.apache.lucene.index.Term;
      import org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader;
      import org.apache.lucene.analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer;
      import org.apache.lucene.document.Document;
      import org.apache.lucene.document.Field;
      import org.apache.lucene.search.PrefixQuery;
      import org.apache.lucene.search.Query;
      import org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery;

      import java.io.IOException;

      /**

      • @author schnee
      • @version $Id: BooleanPrefixQueryTest.java,v 1.1 2003/11/13 17:01:08 schnee Exp $
        **/

      public class BooleanPrefixQueryTest extends TestCase
      {
      public static final String cvsrevision = "$Revision: 1.1 $";

      public static void main(String[] args)

      { TestRunner.run(suite()); }

      public static Test suite()

      { return new TestSuite(BooleanPrefixQueryTest.class); }

      public BooleanPrefixQueryTest(String name)

      { super(name); }

      public void testMethod()
      {
      RAMDirectory directory = new RAMDirectory();

      String[] categories = new String[]

      {"food", "foodanddrink", "foodanddrinkandgoodtimes", "food and drink"}

      ;

      Query rw1 = null;
      Query rw2 = null;
      try
      {
      IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(directory, new
      WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true);
      for (int i = 0; i < categories.length; i++)

      { Document doc = new Document(); doc.add(Field.Keyword("category", categories[i])); writer.addDocument(doc); }

      writer.close();

      IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open(directory);
      PrefixQuery query = new PrefixQuery(new Term("category", "foo"));

      rw1 = query.rewrite(reader);

      BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();

      add(query, true, false);

      rw2 = bq.rewrite(reader);
      }
      catch (IOException e)

      { fail(e.getMessage()); }

      BooleanQuery bq1 = null;
      if (rw1 instanceof BooleanQuery)

      { bq1 = (BooleanQuery) rw1; }

      BooleanQuery bq2 = null;
      if (rw2 instanceof BooleanQuery)

      { bq2 = (BooleanQuery) rw2; }

      else

      { fail("Rewrite"); }

      assertEquals("Number of Clauses Mismatch", bq1.getClauses().length,
      bq2.getClauses().length);
      }
      }

        Activity

        Hide
        cutting@apache.org added a comment -

        I fixed this using the included patch.

        Show
        cutting@apache.org added a comment - I fixed this using the included patch.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Lucene Developers
            Reporter:
            bschneeman
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development