Missing package-info.java for
- bzip2, Deflate
+ Bzip2, Deflate
- Starting with version 2.4, Log4j 2 provides an [API for programmatic configuration|manual/customconfig.html].
+ Starting with version 2.4, Log4j 2 provides an <a href="manual/customconfig.html">API for programmatic configuration</a>.
- The new ConfigurationBuilder API allows you ...
+ The new <a href="log4j-core/apidocs/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/builder/api/ConfigurationBuilder.html">ConfigurationBuilder API</a> allows you...
- You need at least the log4j-api-2.4 and the log4j-core-2.4 jar files.
+ You need at least the log4j-api-2.x and the log4j-core-2.x jar files.
- Update image file under "Which jars" to specify "2.x" instead of "2.1"
- Log4j 2 will not. in Logback exceptions in ...
+ Log4j 2 will not. In Logback, exceptions in ... (capital 'i', insert comma)
- In Log4j 2 Appenders can be configured to allow the exception to percolate to the application
+ In Log4j 2 Appenders can be configured to allow the exception to percolate to the application. (append '.' period)
- Log4j 2 takes the simpler approach that Layouts always return a byte array.
+ Log4j 2 takes the simpler approach that <a href="layouts.html">Layouts</a> always return a byte array.
- broken link in "by calling the addLoggerAppender method", should be ../log4j-core/apidocs/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/Configuration.html#addLoggerAppender(org.apache.logging.log4j.core.Logger,%20org.apache.logging.log4j.core.Appender)
- Substituting parameters leaves formatting up to you if toString() is not what you want.
+ Formatter Loggers leave formatting up to you if toString() is not what you want.
- you must call one of the LogManager getFormatterLogger method.
+ you must call one of the LogManager getFormatterLogger methods. (plural methods)
- In release 2.4, the Logger interface adds support for ...
+ In release 2.4, the Logger interface added support for ...
- For example, in both examples below
+ For example, in all examples below
... and add one more example:
- Through a configuration file written in XML, JSON, or YAML.
+ Through a configuration file written in XML, JSON, YAML, or properties format.
- Information on programmatically configuring Log4j can be found at <a href="extending.html">Extending Log4j 2</a>.
+ Information on programmatically configuring Log4j can be found at <a href="extending.html">Extending Log4j 2</a> and <a href="customconfig.html">Programmatic Log4j Configuration</a>.
- Under "Automatic Configuration" there is no mention of the properties format, the expected configuration file name for properties files or in what order Log4j 2 tries to discover log4j2.properties file relative to the order formats.
- and arrange then in weighted order
+ and arrange them in weighted order (then should be them)
- As delivered, Log4j contains three ConfigurationFactory implementations: one for JSON, one for YAML, and one for XML.
+ As delivered, Log4j contains four ConfigurationFactory implementations: one for JSON, one for YAML, one for properties, and one for XML.
- Missing header for the paragraph that starts with "Perhaps it is desired to eliminate all the TRACE output..." We could move this paragraph under Additivity (based on text further down I think this was the intention), or we could give it a separate header like Simple Filtering. This paragraph certainly does not belong under Automatic Configuration.
- variable name should be evaluated in a specific context. The contexts...
+ variable name should be evaluated in a specific context. See the <a href="lookups.html">Lookups</a> manual page for more details. The contexts...
- Insert header Multiple Leading '$' Characters before the paragraph that starts with "An interesting feature of StrLookup processing..."
- One of goals of Log4j 2 is to make extending it
+ One goal of Log4j 2 is to make extending it
- Side-nav menu: Should we move the Plugins entry to between "Logging Separation" and "Extending Log4j"? Conceptually the content of this chapter is close to Extending Log4j and Programmatic Configuration.
- Each layout that extends <tt>org.apache.logging.log4j.core.layout.AbstractStringLayout</tt> can provide
+ Each layout that extends <tt>AbstractStringLayout</tt> can provide
- by implementing or extending a ConfigurationFactory. Log4j provides
+ by implementing or extending a <a href="../log4j-core/apidocs/org/apache/logging/log4j/core/config/ConfigurationFactory.html">ConfigurationFactory</a>. Log4j provides
- Log4j 2 will search for available ConfigurationFactories and
+ During initialization, Log4j 2 will search for available <a href="extending.html#ConfigurationFactory">ConfigurationFactories</a> and
- bzip2, Deflate
+ Bzip2, Deflate
- compatible with SimpleDateFormat and and/or a %i
+ compatible with SimpleDateFormat and/or a %i