Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
CloudStack compute driver
The method ex_authorize_security_group_ingress contains some bugs:
- The docstring doesn't match parameters of the method.
- Only ICMP and TCP is allowed even if the doc of the parameter "protocol" mention TCP and UDP.
- Moreover ICMP cannot be used because there is no way to specify the two required parameters "icmptype" and "icmpcode".
- The parameter endport is not used if it's defined.
- The return type is not a list but a dict.
- The unit test doesn't use parameters in the correct order.
So I created a patch which aims to fix these bugs and also try to do the following:
- Improve the docstring to be a bit more detailed (the previous one comes from the official Apache CloudStack documentation).
- Add a kwargs to allow to provide extra parameters defined in the API and in the docstring.
- Improve the unit test.
- Add support for other protocols like AH, GRE, ESP which are available on some Cloud like Exoscale.
I will provide the patch as a Pull Request in GitHub.