In real case, there's always different environment for user to develop, test and serve as production.
To avoid rebuild same cubes on different environment, release verified/certified cubes from Dev/QA to Prod is more efficient way, and, this will support almost zero downtime when cube's data model changed (build first on QA and release to Prod)
This tool will enable user to "release" cubes from one environment to another one:
1. Shell script is good enough so far
2. Service/Web GUI is nice to have
3. Only project admin/system admin could do this movement
The target project/cube could be different name than source's
5. Support move metadata only and both metadata & data
6. Support rollback, for example, when the moving failed, the target cube should not be effected (keep as previous)
7. Log all actions for tracking
1. How to copy between different cluster for large cube?
2. Move or copy? Move will disable access from source, copy will ask more additional storage.
Please leave your comments here.