From 1.6.0, Kylin will allow user to run multiple build/refresh/merge job at the same time. It is not needed to wait for previous job to complete when submit a new job. The backend are all done I think. Need update the UI accordingly, e.g:
1) when submit a job, remove the check on whether has building segment;
2) when build a new segment, use last segment's end date as the start date even if it is in NEW state
3) for a "streaming" cube, allow user to trigger a build from UI, while this will go to a new API ("/cubes/<cube_name>/build2"); now when click the "build" button, there is an error : "Streaming cube build is not supported on UI, click here to see how to schedule streaming cube.".
some other changes:
4) suggest to rename the "HBase" section to "Storage", and make it visible for Analyst also.
5) in the "Storage" tab, for each segment, show up the seg name, status, source count, and start/end offset if the cube is a streaming cube;
6) in the "Storage" tab, show the summary information (total size, seg number) at the begining, then followed the each segment;
6) show the segment information in "desc" order: the latest seg at the top, and the earliest in the bottom