I tried to install Kudu on my local machine:
ProductName: Mac OS X
I followed all the steps to build Kudu 1.6 from source:
1. brew install autoconf automake cmake libtool pkg-config pstree
2. git clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-kudu kudu
2. cd kudu
3. PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.2n/lib/pkgconfig thirdparty/build-if-necessary.sh
4. mkdir -p build/release
5. cd build/release
6. PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.2n/lib/pkgconfig ../../thirdparty/installed/common/bin/cmake \
7. make -j4
8. sudo make install
This resulted with following libraries installed:
Then I followed steps to instal kudu-python package using pip:
1. clean pip cache to make sure it is clean
2. pip install -v kudu-python
Then after calling:
I got error like in the attachment "error.png".
As first line of this screen states it was Anaconda Python distribution.
After removing Anaconda Python and installing Python using Homebrew and again following above steps - all worked.
My conclusion: there is some kind of issue happening between Anaconda Python and kudu-python package.
Some more details are also in https://getkudu.slack.com slack channel on #kudu-general channel.
I am reachable there under msznajder nickname.