Affects Version/s: 1.0.1
Fix Version/s: 1.2.0
There are several cases wrt drop range partitions that don't seem to work as expected.
1. Drop matches only the lower bound (may be correct but is confusing to users).
- alter table foo add range partition 10 < values <= 20;
- alter table foo drop range partition 10 < values < 30; <--- this works and deletes partition (10, 20] but I'd expect an error.
- alter table foo add range partition values < 10;
- alter table foo add range partition 20 < values <= 30;
- alter table foo drop range partition values < 10000; <--- this drops the range partition (,10).
This is Impala syntax that will be introduced in
IMPALA-2890 (not currently committed).