Affects Version/s: 2.2.1
Fix Version/s: None
5 broker cluster
Topic partitions = 1
Replication factor = 3
Ac mode = all
Send type = Asynchronous
Message size = 100 bytes
Log compaction = Enabled
- We started throughput test with 1 topic and number of topics present in cluster at that time were 1 (excluding already existing topics 1000)
- We left it to run for about 2 hours (The mean throughput we observed during this period was 54k msgs/sec)
- After this, we started creating 10,000 topics one by one using a script
- We noted throughput values after creating 100 topics and after 200,300,400…so on till 10,000 were created
- After all 10,000 topics were created we left test to run for another 1 hr.
During the entire duration, we were producing only on a single topic.
What could be causing producer throughput drop by just adding number of topics?