Affects Version/s: 2.1.1
Fix Version/s: None
We have a Kafka-Cluster in Production Environment and Test Environment. We have a Monitoring-Solution with Metricbeat and Jolokia. The metric "'kafka.server:name=IsrExpandsPerSec,type=ReplicaManager'" has different behavior in PROD and Test Environment.
Behavior in TEST Environment:
- The value of IsrExpandsPerSec is always the half of the total numder of partitions in the Cluster. For example for a Total number of 88 Partitions the IsrExpandsPerSec is always 44.
- The Value of IsrExpandsPerSec is never 0
Behavior in Production Environment:
- The value of IsrExpandsPerSec is either the double of the total number of partitions in the Cluster or 0. For example for a Total number of 88 Partitions the IsrExpandsPerSec is either 176 or 0.
- The Value of IsrExpandsPerSec is 0, when isrShrinksPerSec is 12.
- The Value of IsrExpandsPerSec is 176, when isrShrinksPerSec is 0.
We expect both values to be regularly 0.
Thanks in advance