We need to make the output of list topic command more readable.
Thanks for the review. Committed to 0.8.
Looks great, thanks for the patch !
Thanks for the review. These are good suggestions. Attach patch v3 that addresses those issues.
Overall, good change. 2 suggestions -
1. Can we not make this change as part of overriding the toString() API of PartitionMetadata ?
2. For the ease of scripting, please can we
2.1 reduce 2 tabs to 1 tab ?
2.2 remove the space after the comma ?
Attach patch v2.
1. Back ported the fix from trunk and made a slight change to print each partition in a single line.
2. Fixed the description of the topic option.
3. Didn't make the change to use TopicMetadataRequest since it's not a blocker. Also, in trunk, list topic is merged into a single tool that requires ZK.
This is already done on trunk, please backport that.
While you are touching this, would it be reasonable to also switch from using the AdminUtil to a blank TopicMetadataRequest? It runs a lot quicker if there are a large number of topics and you run the tool from outside the ZK cluster's DC. Also, the topicOpt description has been misleading for a while.
Attach a patch.