Affects Version/s: 0.8.0
Fix Version/s: 0.8.0
• Test Description:
1. Start a 3-broker cluster as source
2. Send messages to source cluster
3. Find leader and terminate it (kill -15)
4. Start the broker again
5. Start a consumer to consume data
6. Compare the MessageID in the data between producer log and consumer log.
• Issue: There will be data loss if request-num-acks is set to 1.
• To reproduce this issue, please do the followings:
1. Download the latest 0.8 branch
2. Apply the patch attached to this JIRA
3. Build kafka by running "./sbt update package"
4. Execute the test in directory "system_test" : "python -B system_test_runner.py"
5. This test will execute testcase_2 with the following settings:
Replica factor : 3
No. of partitions : 1
No. of bouncing : 1