- Test Description:
1. Start a 3-broker cluster as source
2. Start a 3-broker cluster as target
3. Start 1 instance of Mirror Maker to replicate data from source to target
4. While producer is sending data into source cluster, stop Mirror Maker with "kill -15". Start Mirror Maker again after 1 second.
5. Start a consumer to consume data from target cluster.
6. Compare the MessageID in the data between producer log and consumer log.
- To reproduce this issue, please do the followings:
1. Download the latest 0.8 branch
2. Apply the patch attached to this JIRA
3. Build kafka by running "./sbt update package"
4. Execute the test in directory "system_test" : "python -B system_test_runner.py"
- The test result may look like the following:
_test_case_name : testcase_5002
_test_class_name : MirrorMakerTest
arg : bounce_leader : false
arg : bounce_mirror_maker : true
arg : message_producing_free_time_sec : 15
arg : num_iteration : 1
arg : num_messages_to_produce_per_producer_call : 50
arg : num_partition : 1
arg : replica_factor : 3
arg : sleep_seconds_between_producer_calls : 1
Log segment checksum matching across all replicas : FAILED
Unique messages from consumer on [test_1] : 355
Unique messages from producer on [test_1] : 400
Validate for data matched on topic [test_1] : FAILED
- Attached a tar file for the system test output log, the brokers' log4j files and data log segment files.
- There are no unusual Exception / Error found in the logs. However, there are consistently data loss in this Mirror Maker bouncing test case. Not sure if this is related to