Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Currently we don't have access to close pull requests and the list of open pull requests is growing. We are nearing 200 open pull requests and many are outdated.
I am not sure if this is possible but I think a potential improvement would be to have a Jenkins job that runs periodically to:
1. Find all pull requests that have had no activity for 15 days
2. Comment on the pull requests that they were auto closed and should be re-opened if there is still interest
3. Close the pull requests
I don't think closing the outdated pull request will hurt project progress in anyway because:
- Jira still tracks the feature or fix
- The pull requests likely need a rebase or feedback needs to be address
- The notification will encourage the pull request owner and reviewers to follow up
As of today the break down of older pull requests is:
This jira is mainly to track discussion and ideas around this challenge. Please feel free to propose an alternate solution.