This issue is created to track a community-contributed Kafka Web UI.
Here is an initial list of goals:
- Be able to easily see which brokers are up
- Be able to see lists of topics, connected producers, consumer groups, connected consumers
- Be able to see, for each consumer/partition, its offset, and more importantly, # of bytes unconsumed (== largest offset for partition - current offset)
- (Wish list) have a graphical view of the offsets
- (Wish list) be able to clean up consumer state, such as stale claimed partitions
List of challenges/questions:
- Which framework? Play! for Scala?
- Is all the data available from JMX and ZK? Hopefully, watching the files on the filesystem can be avoided....
- How to handle large numbers of topics, partitions, consumers, etc. efficiently