The following patch add a task releaseDeb to the gradle build :
This task should create a debian package in core/build/distributions using fpm :
We decided to use fpm so other package types would be easy to provide in further iterations (eg : rpm).
Some implementations details :
- We splitted the releaseTarGz in two tasks : distDir, releaseTarGz.
- We tried to use gradle builtin variables (project.name etc...)
- By default the service will not start automatically so the user is free to setup the service with custom configuration.
- FPM is required and should be in the path.
- FPM does not allow yet to declare /etc/default/kafka as a conffiles (see : https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm/issues/668)