Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.9.1
    • Fix Version/s: 2.9.1
    • Component/s: Core & storage
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS
      OpenJDK 1.7.0_15
      Tomcat 7.0.37
      JSPWiki JSPWiki v2.9.1-svn-16 and up

      Description

      The quicksearch box in the top right corner does not give any search hits anymore.

      A quick analysis with the javascript console reveals that the response is :

      {"id":10001,"error":{"code":591,"msg":"method not found (session may have timed out)"}}
      

      The first test was with JSPWiki version 2.9.1-svn-30.
      To make sure that JSONRPCBridge was not screwed up by the patch for JSPWIKI-659 I deployed JSPWiki v2.9.1-svn-16 and reran the test.
      Still the problem persists.

      I remembered I recently upgraded tomcat to the latest release 7.0.37, so I decided to backout to my previous tomcat version (7.0.17).
      And guess what, quicksearch works again.

      I will dig into the tomcat changelog to see if I can find a possible cause.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Harry Metske created issue -
          Harry Metske made changes -
          Field Original Value New Value
          Summary Quick Search not working anymore in Tomcat 7.0.37 Quick Search not working anymore
          Harry Metske made changes -
          Link This issue is broken by JSPWIKI-659 [ JSPWIKI-659 ]
          Harry Metske made changes -
          Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
          Assignee Harry Metske [ metskem ]
          Fix Version/s 2.9.1 [ 12321249 ]
          Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]

            People

            • Assignee:
              Harry Metske
              Reporter:
              Harry Metske
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development